Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Birds and the Bees

I neglected to post up a whole lot since November, and for good reason.
The holidays, past few months, and everything was too special to post up every single moment. Thus, I'd rather keep those moments and memories for myself.

This year, 2014, is going be absolutely spectacular. 
I don't have any resolutions, and it's the first year I haven't made any. I figure, my only goal is to live. Moreso, to live in each moment
As much as I'd love to remember and share so many things, it's been quite liberating to leave my phone, DSLR canon, and even goPro at home and just focus on whatever moment I'm having. The past months I've been trying to fight the constant urge to show the entire world what I'm doing, where I'm doing it, or how I look lol (yes I do post selflies here and there, but not as often as before). 

That's my main goal
Live in each moment
Partially I made this goal because my posture is horrible from looking down at a phone 24/7, AND due to the fact that I miss important things, views, and moments going on around me because I'm so preoccupied with trying to capture it all on camera. 

Most of this goal will be to live in the moment of being a mom

Yup :-)

I'm GONNA BE A MOM!
expected on June 18, 2014



Today I make 5 months and 1 week:-)

And I'm so proud to announce that this baby is:

A girl :)

So are we getting married? Yes.
When? Idk. Sometime this year.

Some thoughts on marriage from me (mostly for all of my Mormon people who ask):
  1. When we have one. I just want close family and close friends there. I'm not about to throw a festival for the entire Laie/Kahuku/Hauula to come, eat, and get entertained for free. 
  2. I still have anxiety about marrying. However, this time I'm with the right person for me. It didn't work out for me the first time, but then again, second is the best ;-)
  3. I'm more stressed about what island we're gonna live on, baby stuff, how the heck I'm gonna be a parent, work, etc.,. When we decide all of that, then we'll have a special day for us.
  4. We're still Mormon. We go to church when we don't have to work. God still loves us.
TA-DAH! So if you feel the urge to ask, refer to my marriage reference points.

NEXT:

The whole point of this post is to explain my views on : THE BIRDS AND THE BEES.

-----well, all I have to say about that is that it's a stupid analogy for procreation. Birds and bees can't reproduce so I'm not sure where that originated from. Wikipedia and Googlscholar don't know either.  Science and doctors are also wrong sometimes, especially in my case. They can tell you what your body is supposed to do and what it can't do, but when it comes down to it, it's all up to God.....and what he wants I guess.

For many reasons, I waited until I hit 5 months to announce anything publicly.  No, not out of religious or moral shame because we're both quite shameless at things we do. Moreso, because God and science work in some pretty mysterious ways.

I'll spare myself explaining my personal reproductive system, publicly, but just know that there were so many, MANY crazy circumstances and experiences regarding this little growing bundle of joy.
So no, it's not an accident. Far from it. It was unplanned, definitely, but an accident would entail us falling on each other "accidentally" and somehow creating life. Yeah. So don't ask if it's an accident either.

Lastly, I've been grateful to confide in my closest friends and family for help these past few months.
And some of the changes going on in my life have been:

1) I eat meat like a dinosaur.
2) My sweet tooth is gone and replaced by salt tooth
3) My boobs have grown :) ............sadly so have my thighs, stomach, bum,
and sides
4) All car rides = motion sickness
5) I LOVE wearing leggings and skirts........because my pants don't fit :(
6) I've slept like a hibernating bear for the past few months
7) I still get morning sickness :-/ and daytime sickness and nighttime sickness. fml.

SO

I wanted to say how much I feel loved. I feel so loved. I'm incredibly lucky that I'm surrounded by loving and supporting parents, siblings, aunties, uncles, cousins, and friends on both sides.
But, our families and parents really are the best ever.

PAU




9 comments:

  1. Nea, you will be a wonderful mom. And everyone can judge, but when it comes down to it, Heavenly Father chose YOU to be her mommy and Kui to be her daddy, and I just couldn't be happier for you. I went through a LOT and still do as a single mom, and let me tell you, I would go through all of it again, because of the rewards being my son's mom has been. I would jump through hell and high water for him, time and time again. And I know you are the same. If you need ANYTHING, you know I'm here for you always. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to keep it real Lanea! Love it and love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed with Kim sister, you will be awesome and SHE will be loved so much...especially by me, especially if you name her Darah or Mapuana or something like that. Wessy will love her too. And I expect an invite or my contribution or help to your little wedding...whenever it happens:-) She is going to be a special spirit and a fighter too, especially with your body all crazy...according to your dumb doctor who told you this meant nothing. I love you sister and am here for you always! Loved your post...enjoy the moment more and I will too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to PRINCESSES! :) Oh Nea! She will be beautiful just like her Mommy!! :) Wish you both the best, and excited to see this new phase of your life take forth! Love you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best post EVAAAR!!! She is one lucky girl to have you as her mummy :) belly rubs for bebe!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because I'm like over the river n thru the woods n way yonders out of the loop, I was like. .."wait wha.??." but, Nea, I love the way you came out with it n irregardless of all that, I gotz love for yah, neighbor ;). Btw, sea bands worked great for me :). Jay wen got um from the mall I think for when those car rides became more like torture rides lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.s. Excited for your daughter :)! Excited that you're a Mommy :):)! N small kine "j" cuz garanz you're gonna be one those lucky mamas with sexy everything during and after pregnancy--luuuckyyyy!Lol nbfr :) looking forward to seeing your hot mama maternity photos :). Take care, Nea! :)

      Delete
  8. I wholeheartedly agree with enjoying and savoring the moment. That has been my one and only real goal to work on this year. Disconnecting from technology is so important. I'm still working on it now, and it helps that I'm severely insecure about my weight lol. Facebook will lose it's draw eventually, and people so easily forget daily updates. I'm trying to focus on quality, occasional blogging, versus multiple posting across a universe of outlets throughout the day. That goes for the types of things I view online. I don't have Instagram, I edit my social network connections weekly, and I follow only the most unique and inspiring blogs.

    You are going to me an amazing mother Nea. I didn't realize how selfish I was before Ben, and how completely, dramatically, epically life-changing it was for me when I saw him for the first time. Your capacity to love grows astronomically, even before you give birth. And watch out when you finally do give birth...you're gonna be momma bear to the max! Haha. Baby girl is going to be born to amazing, loving parents and an extended family that will fiercely protect her.

    If I could have done one thing during my pregnancy, it would have been to write letters for Ben to read as he gets older about my experiences prior to getting pregnant, and during pregnancy. My grandmother did that for all her children, and when I read some of her letters addressed to them, I cried so hard. They were so beautiful, so honest. The letters would be hand-written of course. It's becoming a lost art.

    ReplyDelete